What Does Whole Plant Full Spectrum Hemp CBD Extract Contain?
While most readers are probably aware of the impact of THC and CBD on their health, there are plenty of unheralded cannabinoids that offer relief.
Also known as the ‘stem cell’ cannabinoid, most CBG is transformed into cannabinoids such as CBD and THC by the plant. As a result, most processed plants have a low level of CBG.
The degradation of THC leads to CBN. While there is usually a low amount of it in the fresh plant, the decarboxylation process typically raises the level of CBN. It offers a slight psychoactive effect and has a greater affinity for the CB2 receptor compared to the CB1 receptor.
It is probably the least studied ‘major’ cannabinoid even though it is rather abundant in certain marijuana strains. As such, there isn’t enough data available to suggest it offers the same remarkable benefits as THC and CBD. However, the research that is available suggests that CBC has antidepressant, pain relieving, and anti-anxiety effects.
Lesser known cannabinoids include:
- Cannabicyclol (CBL)
- Cannabitriol (CBT)
- Cannabicitran (CBT)
- Cannabifuran (CBF)
Terpenes are chemicals that give the cannabis plant its unique scent. Even in tiny amounts, terpenes work extremely well with cannabinoids to heal the body. Here are some well-known terpenes:
- Limonene: This stress reliever also helps boost your mood. You can even rely on it to assist with gastric flux issues.
- Pinene: It could potentially improve your memory and boost alertness. It is also anti-inflammatory.
- Linalool: This has a sedative effect and works to help patients with depression, insomnia, and stress.
- Caryophyllene: This terpene is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that helps relieve the symptoms of pain. It is also useful against insomnia.
- Humulene: This is another pain-relieving terpene which has antibacterial properties and also works as an appetite suppressant.
Vitamins & Minerals
Full spectrum CBD oil contains vitamins A, C, & E along with complex B vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, and thiamine. An increasing number of people don’t consume beta-carotene, but it is abundant in full spectrum oil. Crucial minerals contained in this oil include zinc, potassium, iron, calcium, and phosphorus.
Essential Fats & Protein
If all of the above wasn’t enough, full spectrum whole plant hemp CBD oil contains up to 20 amino acids including the nine essential ones. Essential fatty acids such as Omega 3 and Omega 6, which help promote better heart health, are included in the optimal 3:1 ratio. Hemp oil is even a good source of protein which helps repair and build tissues.